FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHY CHOOSE HOME PIX PHOTOGRAPHY?
- With more than 30 years of experience in the luxury home industry throughout Arizona and Southern California, Rob Cross has a track record for developing and marketing upscale homes. His passion for landscapes and architecture inspired him to utilize his photography skills to assist others in enhancing their product through high resolution photography. Rob is able to capture the personality and best features of a subject through his photographs. Rob is also an accomplished portrait and event photographer and has photographed corporate events, parties, head shots, and sporting venues for websites and social media.
- All photos are processed and enhanced in-house to insure a consistent, high quality appearance.
- We will consult with you prior to the photo shoot to discuss preparation of the property/subject(s) for the shoot as well as any specific items or details about the shoot you want to emphasize.
WHAT SERVICES DOES HOME PIX PHOTOGRAPHY OFFER?
- All residential packages include exterior shots front and back, and a full array of interior shots presenting the features and flow of the residence. Each photo is professionally enhanced and retouched using only the latest hardware and software available.
- Photos will be delivered electronically in pre-sized ARMLS format for easy upload, and in a high-resolution format for social media and online marketing.
- Twilight photos are a great way to enhance the architectural details of a structure. The balance of light creates a warm and inviting environment. Since there are more limited times available during the week to shoot please contact us to determine what times are available.
- Commercial photography and landscape photography are available. We have commercial packages available but can customize any scenario for you. Just call us and let us know what you have in mind.
- High quality and up-to-date corporate portrait photography of company management, sales and operations teams, and office/manufacturing/distribution environment are essential tools to promote products, services, and integrity of any operation. We can help you update your website photographs of your people, your work place, and your product/services.
-Sports events packages to capture the action, teams and camaraderie are available with Home Pix. We can capture the entire event or just portions to highlight what took place. Contact us to discuss the event and your goals.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A PHOTO SHOOT?
- Please refer to the CONTACT page on this website for information about how to reach us to schedule an appointment. You may call us or email us. If we are not available we will get back to you within 24 hours if not sooner.
HOW DO I PAY FOR SERVICES?
- Payments for services are due at the time the images are received by the client. An invoice will accompany the photos via email. Please keep in mind that your satisfaction is guaranteed, so if you want some minor processing changes or simply don't like some of the photos, HOME PIX will reshoot the project at no additional charge. We will work with a client to resolve an issue to their complete satisfaction.
WHAT IF THERE IS A WEATHER DELAY? - RESCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS
- When weather precludes shooting, it is up to you to contact us and reschedule the shoot. Otherwise, we will plan to keep the appointment to shoot, at a minimum, the interior. A $20 fee will be charged to return to shoot the exterior if required. This nominal fee only covers travel and some time to get the exterior shots.
- A $75 Cancellation Fee will be charged if you contact us (call/email) to cancel a shoot within 4 hours or less of the appointment time. We schedule our day in 4-hour blocks of time to ensure we complete a shoot and arrive on time for the next one.
HOW DO I RECEIVE MY IMAGES WHEN THEY ARE READY?
- HOME PIX will send you a Dropbox folder containing the images via email. This is the easiest and most convenient and reliable way to receive your photos. The photos will be available for 30 days on this link for you to download.
WHAT ARE MY IMAGE USAGE RIGHTS?
- All images shot by us are copyrighted (intellectual property of HOME PIX LLC).
- MLS photo packages come with Temporary Usage Rights. This allows you to use the images until the property is sold or off the market. Once it is off the market, you must purchase Permanent Usage Rights from us to continue using the images.
-Permanent Usage Rights give you the ability to use the images in perpetuity but HOME PIX PHOTOGRAPHY still holds the copyright, ownership and rights to them. These image rights cannot be transferred or sold to third parties. HOME PIX PHOTOGRAPHY must be credited for all images and all uses. If you desire to transfer images to others we must be contacted in writing in advance to receive permission, and a per-image transfer fee will be charged to the client.
ARE WEEKEND SHOOTS AVAILABLE?
- Weekend photo shoots are available on a limited basis. Please contact us to inquire as to what times are available.
WILL YOU PHOTOGRAPH NEIGHBORHOOD AMENITIES?
- We can provide amenity photos if they are requested at the time of booking the appointment and you must provide specific details of where they are located.
HOW DO I PREPARE A HOME FOR THE PHOTO SHOOT?
- It is essential that any home being photographed be clutter free, clean, and de-personalized. Any flaws that can be seen by the eye will show up in the images. As a seller or listing agent you should go through the inside and outside of the home prior to the shoot and make sure the everything will look its best in the photos. Some things to consider are:
- Remove clutter and personal items from rooms (photographs, knick-knacks, clothing).
- Remove items from the kitchen counter including small appliances, cookbooks, knives, utensils, and dishes. Dish towels, soaps, scrubbers, etc. should be put away.
- Kids rooms should be clean and all toys, games, etc. out of view. You may want to remove a child's name on a wall.
- All furniture should be dusted, hard surface floors cleaned, and carpets vacuumed.
- Beds should be made and pillows neat and fluffed.
- A dining table always shows better with placemats, chargers, plates, silverware and napkins. This creates a warm and inviting image of where a prospective buyer will dine.
- Bathrooms should be clean, and all toothbrushes, combs, lotion, tissue, etc. should be put out of sight. The tops will look larger and more spacious if they are not cluttered with typical bathroom items. Shampoo, soap, bubblebath, etc. should be removed from shower and bathtub areas. Make sure towels are clean, fluffed and folded neatly or hung neatly on towel bars. Mirrors should be spotless and toilet lids should be down.
- Outside, the driveway should be free from cars. If possible remove cars from the garage and tidy up all items. Many sellers want to feature a three-car or larger garage so it must be as orderly and spotless as the inside.
- Make sure all trash, pet toys, and pet poo is cleaned up in all yard areas. Grass should be mowed; decomposed granite should be raked and bare spots filled. Hose off the driveway, patio, and front porch.
- If there is a swimming pool, it is essential that it is clean bottom and top. All pool toys, pool maintenance equipment, and pool sweep should be removed and out of view.
- Pets should be contained in a place where the photographer won't disturb them and to keep them from getting in the photos. If possible, remove them from the premises for the photo shoot.
- All interior and exterior lights will need to be turned on for the photo shoot, regardless of the time of the shoots.
- Realtors if you are marketing an empty home you may want to strongly consider staging the home, especially in key areas such as the kitchen, dining room, and master bedroom and bath. The home will be much more appealing to buyers if they can visualize how these areas function and show spacious they are. HomePix Photography can recommend a professional interior designer that can help you with a package, even on a limited budget.
In short, a clean, well maintained and uncluttered home will photograph well, look larger that it is, and will show the true features of the home that you want a prospective buyer to see and appreciate. If you have any questions, just contact me and we'll discuss.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE A LANDSCAPE SHOOT?
- Landscape photo shoots require some planning to achieve the desired results at a particular location. Please call or email us to discuss the details. We will generate a quote for the shoot after we learn what you have in mind. Travel costs to and from a shoot are reimbursable at cost and will be estimated with the quote.
WHAT PREPARATION IS NEEDED FOR A CORPORATE PORTRAIT SHOOT?
- HOME PIX will come to your place of business to photograph everyone involved in the shoot. We can bring backdrops to create a more formal look or we can shoot in your workplace surroundings using it as a backdrop. If you prefer an outdoor backdrop we can conduct the shoot outside your business with landscaping or buildings as the backdrop. Since most workplace environments use fluorescent lights we set up portable studio lights to overcome those issues.
- When we schedule the shoot you will be provided with some do's and don'ts to prepare for the shoot including what to wear, makeup, colors, etc.
- If you wish to have a professional makeup artist accompany us on the shoot to prep the subjects please just let us know. We have an artist that we work with that can help to ensure everyone looks their best!